SV: Re: Walt Kelly surprise in #28

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Jul 12 19:56:27 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand wrote:

> Well, if that's the view of you serious
> readers, let me report the case from
> the point of view of one unserious reader
> - me (as the individual I am, I can't talk
> for anyone but myself).

No, you are also a serious reader. With a "serious reader" I refer to people
who care about WHO have done the stories they read those magazines.

> Second: The Scandinavian weekly is reprinting
> a Don Rosa story NEXT WEEK.

Yes, but not "Cash Flow".

> Why would they print Don Rosa stories in two
> issues in a row?

That's not what I said. My main issue was to show that for some people it
would AFAIK be of more intrest to see Don Rosa's "Cash Flow" this summer
than those other stories by Marco Rota, Walt Kelly, etc. So far these
people's prayers has not been heared...

> Fifth: Many Norwegians would probably find use
> of "Cash Flow" here strange, as that story was
> printed not too many years ago.

I was not thinking of my self, but on the behalf of my good Danish friends
whom I will meet again in a few weeks. I may act stupid from time to time,
but at least not egoistic.

> PS - to your other mails, Sigvald: Donald Duck
> magazines containing Don Rosa stories are extra
> expensive used in Norway too

Not as far as I have seen. But if that's true then at least that market says
that Don Rosa is more important than this Walt Kelly...

Sigvald