Importance equals sales?

cien2@cbn.net.id cien2 at cbn.net.id
Sun Jul 13 06:58:12 CEST 2003

Sigvald:
"So Don Rosa is important after all, Olaf?
Other times you say that he is *not* more important than other
Disney-artists... Theory (DCML) and practic policy (the market) seems
sometimes to contradict each other, maybe that's what keep confusing me."

I'm not really sure how to address this but i want to pointed out that NOT always higher sales means better quality/importance.

Kelly's works might NOT sell high compared to Don's but that does not automatically mean he's less important. He might be less important to you but he might be more important in the Disney comics history than you might have think.

But Sigvald, you can safely interpret high sales of Don's works means more people are interested in reading Don's works compared to Kelly's but i dont see the less amount of people reading/interested in kelly's works mean that's Kelly is less important than Don.

I guess i can say the same for any other Disney comic artists (not just Walt Kelly).

Keep On Quacking,
Arie Fachrisal who still havent watch finding Nemo :-(