DCML Digest, Vol 5, Issue 15

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Sun Jul 13 13:11:34 CEST 2003

Kæbevis Naitsirhc Sredna:
> > Issue 29 - Let me exclamate: Hooray! The reason
> > isn't the republication of Don's On Stolen time,
> > no, finally they print Don's old drawings (from
> > Gary Leach's story) Fiscal fitness (AR 118).

Roinuj. Dlejfsørg Dlavgis:
> Great news! But why do they announce "On Stolen Time" in issue 28 in stead
> of this story that has previously not seen print in Scandinavia? Hard core
> fans like me, Geir J. Netland and others find that much more interesting
> than seeing "On Stolen Time" once more.

I see you put your words in the mouth of others again. Go on like this for a
few more mails, and I will pop a bottle of champagne the second you go
lurking again.

Anyhow: I see several reasons why they would rather announce "On Stolen
Time"...
1. "Fiscal Fitness" is a TWO-PAGER.
2. "Fiscal Fitness" is not written by Don Rosa. Don Rosa sells more.
3. They finally got a reason for using that Picsou pin-up. (But why on Earth
didn't they put it on the cover?)
4. Most people are not hard core fans like you and Geir J. Netland.

A comment to my point one: Personally, I think they rather should have
announced W/MM 32 B - "Westward Whoa!", drawn by Paul Murry himself. A
really amusing story, it's longer than "On Stolen Time" (just 3-4 pages,
but...) - and it's never before printed in the Scandinavian weekly, either.
But then again, my point two puts a stop to that.

A comment to my comment to my point one: Question would be, why didn't they
announce MORE stories than just this one in DDW28? For a magazine filled
with pearls like this... I personally liked D 2002-132, D 2000-124 and D
99131 very well, too - so why announce only ONE story? OK, I guess my point
three can be a reason to that.

A comment to my point two: In respect of the DCML I refuse to pick a
personal favorite amongst two people both active in the forum I'm
addressing - but Don Rosa being more popular than Gary Leach in Norway is
practically a fact...