Walt Kelly

Donald D. Markstein ddmarkstein at cox.net
Sun Jul 13 16:11:32 CEST 2003

> Well, in America Disney Comics are sold in just a few thousands - in
> Scandinavia it's sold in hundreds of thousands - thus I have a bigger
trust
> in the Disney-reading Scandinavian general public in this matter than in
the
> non-Disney-reading general American public - but that's just my personal
> opinion.

Once again, you are putting words into other people's mouths. It is the
general public in America, and not the DISNEY-READING general public, that
knows the work of Walt Kelly. I will also wager that he is better known to
the general public in Europe, than Barks is to the general public in
America. ALL OVER THE WORLD, Walt Kelly is respected by those who know
comics, and his name is at least recognized by many who don't.

To dismiss him as a nobody, as you OFTEN do those not favored within your
extremely narrow world-view, is pure ignorance.

Quack, Don

Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary.
http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm