AW: Walt Kelly

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 17:17:53 CEST 2003

In a message dated 7/13/2003 11:05:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cord at wiljes.de writes:

> Just speaking for Germany, I suppose that roughly 0,05% (40.000 of 80
> million inhabitants) do know who Walt Kelly was.

no offense, but any of us can make up satistics

         your argument however is that Kelly is not well known there to the
general public because his work was not mass-marketed there - is likely (if his
work was indeed not mass-marketed there).  I know he appeared in Italy in
LINUS.

almost nobody in the usa knows who Herge is either
  this doesnt lessen his importance

steven rowe