Walt Kelly

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Mon Jul 14 07:44:06 CEST 2003

> From: "Cord Wiljes" <cord at wiljes.de>
> To this readers' list not only Germans but many international visitors
> (expecially from the U.S.) contributed, so I suppose it can be called
> international (with the exception of Asia).

What Cord said is true. Most American comic books artists arent well known
here in Asia, with the exception of the superheroes comic book
artists/writers.

Speaking of Walt Kelly and others, i have read Walt Kelly's name more in
other comic-related magazine but have never even once see Barks, Rosa names
in the mags, with the exception of a specific old Hero Illustrated magazine
that interviewed Don Rosa and maybe Comic Book Marketplace (never had the
chance to read CBM).

I only have the chance to read Wizard magazine here. And in this so-called
"Guide to comics", i've never read anything about Barks, Rosa or even Disney
comics in general, not even mentioning of their names. With the return of
Disney comics in USA, i was hoping their recent issues will spare a
spotlight about it but ...

Anyway, here's a new Barks quiz:
"Havent we taken enough guff from this tough?"
(I practically laugh out loud when i read this sentence first time in the
story)

Keep On Quacking,
Arie Fachrisal (not from Singapore) and a guy named Joe from Singapore