Coo-Coo question (Barks)

Stefan Persson reimersholme at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:20:51 CEST 2003

>From: "Daniel van Eijmeren" <dve at kabelfoon.nl>
>To: <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
>Subject: Coo-Coo question (Barks)
>Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:35:15 +0200
>
>In private, I've been asked the following question:
>
>"I have an original copy of " Coo-Coo " and according to the
>Bruce Hamilton website there is only 1 known copy in the world."
>
>Does someone know where exactly this information by Bruce Hamilton
>can be found? Or can someone quote the information? I couldn't find
>it at http://www.brucehamilton.com.

I made a Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num=10&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google-s%C3%B6kning&as_epq=Coo-Coo&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brucehamilton.com%2F

Google didn't find it either, meaning that it isn't there.

>What I would like to know is:
>
>- Does the information mean that only one issue number exists?
>(In other words, there's no "Coo-Coo No. 2"?)
>
>- Does the information mean that there's only one copy of "Coo-Coo
>No. 1", because ALL other copies of "Coo-Coo No. 1" got lost during
>the years?
>
>- Does the information mean both? (Only one issue number exists,
>which also is the ONLY surviving copy, because ALL other copies
>got lost during the years?)
>
>I find the first meaning most likely, but I would like to know for
>sure.

This guy's message means the second, but it is highly unlikely that this
actually is the case.  It is likely that the person who asked you the
question has misunderstood something.

Stefan