Extra DD Extra in the Netherlands

Sander D. aapje2002 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:12:36 CEST 2003

>D 2002-033 - 26 pages - US - Dream of a Lifetime (Rosa)

Wow! Very nice they finally published it! I really like the Danish colouring
this time. I got the French version some weeks ago, and I think I even like
this colouring better (what is exceptional).

>>H 9879 - 1 page - DD - special place for smokers in restaurant (Milton?)
>It doesn't look like Milton to me. Could this gag've been
>drawn by ROB KLEIN? (The artwork even looks a bit Strobl-ish.)

For this kind of problems we have the (again online!) COA. The artist is
Sander Gulien and the writer is Tom Bouden (I already thought it'd be Gulien
or Milton).

>>D 2001-135 - 14 pages - DD - potion that weakens enemies (Rota?)
>This is certainly a Rota story. (Andold 'Wild Duck') His Dutch
>name is 'McWild McDuck', which looks a bit silly. Is Andold
>really a SCOTTISH warrior? The pirates in this story look much more
>Scottish (wearing kilts).

Wasn't his name in Holland 'McDuck' first?

>>D 7096 - 9 pages - BB - ring in chocolate box
>As far as I can see, with my very limited experience in
>identifying Duck-art, this is a story by Daniel Branca.
>Am I correct?

Yup, it's Branca. BTW, I started to like his "Barks-60's" drawing style
(first I didn't).

>H 94147 - 1 page - DD - tree in garden (...)?

Story: Jan Kruse; Art: 'Prodima'

>>BTW. Dream of a Lifetime is published in the two-
>>part version. There seem to be two typo's in the story. On page 20, Donald
>>says "Donald" to young Scrooge. On page 25, Gyro says "mnee Duck" instead
>>of "meneerDuck".
>On page 6: "als iemand een vraagT stelt".

On page 26, Goldie says "Dagobert" without "?" (it fell out of the balloon).
And on page 1, they didn't look at their first translation of the text said
by the two 'fireman' in 'Vigilante of the Pizen Bluff': they said "Wacht!
Het water is bevroren! - Geen zorgen! De DRUK is hoog genoeg!" instead of
"Wacht! De SLANG is bevroren! - De WATERDRUK verhelpt dat wel!".

I liked the Extra Donald Duck Extra, but I don't like it that I had to buy
it in the shop, having a subscription.

Sander