Sales figures

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 03:43:27 CEST 2003

Derek Smith wrote:

> I thought you might be interested in the sales stats for WDC 634 and
> US 319
> for June[...]
>
> 193. Uncle Scrooge 319 (8,215)
> 217. Walt Disney's Comics And Stories 634 (4,718)
> http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=105988
>
> All in all, not too bad considering the price they were being sold for.

The figure for Uncle Scrooge 319 is roughly on target concerning
initial orders. However, the one cited by Newsarama for Walt Disney's
Comics and Stories 634 falls considerably short of the actual figure -
in fact, WDC&S has done about as well as US in initial orders. And
reorders.

That said, I agree with Derek: not too bad.

We managed to get advanced copies of Donald Duck Adventures #1 (our
first "pocket book") just in time to display them at this year's San
Diego Comic-Con. The response was very positive - most folks seemed to
be of the opinion that it was about time for something like this.
They're shipping this Friday, the 25th, so we'll soon see.

Gary