Pintail Duck

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 19:40:03 CEST 2003

>>>Pintail - is he an ancestor
>>>of Donald, or just a nobody from the 16th century with Donald's soul in him?
Only an ancestor of Donald could bear Donald's soul :-)

The story doesn't state this, you're free to think what you want (like for the arab incarnations of Donald, Scrooge, and the nephews in "King Scrooge the First", the story drawn by strobl and written by Barks)

>>>And... well, this is my interpretion only, but when seeing Pintail I got a
>>>feeling that this man never had children...
Ancestor doesn't mean direct ancestor, it could be Humperdink's great-great-great-...-great-uncle

>>>as the weeklies keep telling us, "'Duck' is
>>>as regular in Duckburg as 'Hansen' is in Norway". Both Daisy and Moby are
>>>great examples for that.
This is Don Rosa's point of view, but some people will tell you that Daisy and Moby are related to the Ducks we know, but we've talked about this more than enough here :-)
(btw, it's stated in some books and some family trees that Daisy, April, May, June and Drusilla are of Donald's family, and Moby is told to be Donald's cousin in the tvshow pacifically peeking)

>>>I'm a little confused that he even IS in the Duck family tree, as we know
>>>nothing about what lies inbetween him and Humperdink.
That's just the way Don drew it, except for Cornelius, whom he didn't link to Clinton for aesthetic reasons... Seafoam isn't told to be Dingus' father, neither it's told he is his direct ancestor, and Pintail was the only possible ancestor of the Ducks in all of Barks' story (well, I'm just thinking : what about general Stinewall Duck? :-))

Well, i guess it's a matter of interpretation of YOUR Duck universe... But it's still funny to compare these universes... but we've already talked too much about universes too, here
Gilles Maurice
http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/