No chipmunks please

Vic Pratt thebeesong at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 11:10:58 CEST 2003

Greetings comic chums

My fears about the availability of the new comics in
the UK were unfounded...picked up the new titles
easily in the end...nice production, enjoyed Don
Rosa's new story, especially when I'd read his new
introduction...enjoyed the Barks...and the Van Horn
stuff...and the Gilbert Gladstone Gander story...nice
printing,too...though personally it doesn't bother me
if the pages go yellow, if the comics are cheaper...

On the negative side...the mouse is getting short
shrift, isn't he? Where's the Gottfredson, the
Scarpa...? Also noticed that there's already signs of
"padding"...some very humdrum filler stuff...and I
agree with Fabio's comments to some extent,
though,perhaps, I wouldn't have worded them quite as
he did... I don't want "Baby Disney" or any lame L'il
Bad Wolf bilge, or any dumb stuff about Mad Madam Mim,
or Tramp Jnr., or any cutesy rubbish about the
crocodile out of Peter Pan etc. And keep those rotten
chipmunks well out of it, I say. Those kind of things
enfeebled the Gladstone WDCS and digests, where you
forked out the cash 'cos you wanted one story, then
had to put up with various unreadable old rubbish. I
remember buying an Uncle Scrooge digest with "The
Second Richest Duck", one of Barks' finest moments I
reckon, but much of the rest of the issue was dull as
ditchwater. And I had to read it with a magnifying
glass. But that was a long, long time ago.

I'll get down off my soapbox now....glad we got all
those contentious issues sorted out...cheerio

VIC

=====
A FINE ELECTRONIC PORTMANTEAU OF COMICS AND CURIOSITIES AT:
           http://come.to/thefleacircus