Comics Storage/DDA Numbering/DD&Friends?

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Sat Jul 26 06:57:50 CEST 2003

To Rodney:

I only got into Disney comics during the Disney Comics(1990-93) era. My only
first-hand expreience(comics I've bought myself when they appeared for the
first time) is with Disney Comics and Gladstone Series II. The only Series I
comics I've ever had were bought used in comic shops, in which a majority of them
are yellowed in the way I described. So I guess I had the luck of being comics
that weren't stored properly(though the covers and pages outside of yellowing
are great).

Personally, except for the few comics(Series 1, a few others) I've bought
that were already  bagged/boarded, I've just put my Disney comics in small stacks
in plastic grocery bags! They've all stayed nice and white/great condition
overall. I guess the Don Rosa way of comics storage is the best way!

But I've thought of buying bags/boards for the rest of my comics. So you
suggest changing them every few years? What happens to the boards/bags that hurts
the comics?
-------------------------

Oh, a small comment about the upcoming DDA. Apparently it will be called #1?
I feel sorry for a Disney comics newbie just getting into DDA collecting. You
have DDA #1 from the Gladstone era. Then DDA #1 for the Disney Comics era.
Then Series 2 begins with it's own numbering continuing from Series 1. Now,
here's a third DDA #1. Has Disney comics decided to follow Marvel? ;)

Also it seems that the formerly titled Gemstone comics 'Donald Duck and
Friends' has now become Donald Duck? Yet it'll still have a supporting Mickey
story? If that's so, the DD&Friends moniker would have seemed a better fit with
'Mickey Mouse and Friends', which is doing the opposite, except with Mickey at
the forefront.

Derek Smith