A little more Chinese

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Mon Jun 2 05:13:58 CEST 2003

Over the weekend I was able to verify a few more names in Chinese and
Pinyin.

first, here are some longer name versions of a couple already submitted:

Bad Pete = Hu¨¤i P¨« T¨¨ = »µ âÏÌØ
Detective Casey = K¨£ X¨© Zhen Tan = ¿¨Î÷ Õì̽
Magica De Spell = M¨£ Q¨ª K¨£  N¨· W¨± = ÂêÆ濨 Å®Î×

Here's some verified new additions:
Chuck (JW) = Ch¨¢ K¨¨ = ²é¿Ë
Clara Cluck£¬ Madam = K¨¨ L¨¡  K¨¨ Lu¨® Y¨¯u   N¨· Sh¨¬ = ¿ËÀ­  ¿ËÂßÓÐ  Ůʿ
Clarissa (JW) = K¨¨ L¨¡ L¨ª Sh¨¨ = ¿ËÀ­Àöœh
Gilbert = G¨ª ¨§r B¨¤ T¨¨ = ¼ª¶û²®ÌØ
Junior Woodchucks guide book = Sh¨£o Ni¨¢n J¨±n Xi¨¤o sh¨¯u c¨¨ = ÉÙÄê¾üУ
ÊÖ²á
Lardello (JW) = L¨¡ D¨¤i Lu¨® = À­´÷ÂÞ
Little Helper (Gyro's) = Xi¨£o Zh¨´ Sh¨¯u = СÖúÊÖ
Mitzie (JW) = M¨« Z¨© = Ã××È
Mogul Bertie (JW) = M¨° G¨³ ¨§r = Ä«¹Å¶û
Phantom Blot = Y¨­u L¨ªng H¨¥i Gu¨« = ÓÄÁéºÚ¹í
Sonny Seagull (JW) = Su¨¯ N¨ª = Ë÷Äá

Also, for the record, while the Chinese character I gave before for Goofy's
name is correct, it is the "Old" Chinese.  I've found many more references
using the new Chinese character like this: ¸ß·É  This would go for Goofy
Junior, too:  С¸ß·É.

Unless I find any more prominent character names, I think I'll forego any
more submissions at this time.  I'll keep an eye out for validations of
characters like April, May & June, but not worry so much for other Junior
Woodchucks and such.

This was a fun task, and really excellerated my understanding of Chinese
and the use of my Chinese-English dictionary and software.  I think I wore
out several of my workmates here in China with questions, too.  But in the
end I am able to recognize many of the Chinese characters much better now!

BTW, who will be updating the "Languages" section with this info? And is
there anything else I need to do?

Thanks for your patience.

Rich Bellacera