Sigvald

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Mon Jun 2 22:03:40 CEST 2003

Hi Sigvald,
I guess most(?) people here would hate to see u lurk. I personally prefer if
u will still be active in this list. But in a more carefully arranged
writings. I am also a foreigner and i always double double check my messages
before i sent it to the list. I understand a bit of variation of words can
cause misunderstanding and unpleasant situations. but if we're careful on
what we write, we can reduce the probabilities of such things to happen.
also if using a questionable word and explaining what u mean in long
sentences, you might want to prefer the latter. I know i always chose the
latter one cause im afraid if i chose the inappropriate shorter word, some
people will look negatively upon me because of what i write even if i didnt
mean to.

Simple example: this email, rotfl.
Other people might be able to make a way shorter message that implies the
same meaning. But i chose to write it longer and a bit detailed so that i
wont cause any misunderstanding with you or anyone else.

Opinions are always welcome and insightful, including controversy ones.
what's good if all people in the list always agree to another's initial
statement/opinion. But please present ur opinions with caerfully chosen
writings. We're here to discuss, not to force opinion or argue endlessly.
Note that i dont mean u forced ur opinion or u argued endlessly but merely
as a reminder to everyone that this is a place to discuss, not forcing
opinion or petty bickering. I am certainly not forcing u to change the way u
present urself in english language, but to implore you to carefully choose
ur wordings in future emails in order to prevent further unnecessary
misunderstandings. Cheers.

Keep On Quacking,
Arie Fachrisal and a guy named Joe from Singapore.