Academic ducks

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 08:20:29 CEST 2003

>Finally, a hearty welcome back to Katie Sullivan!  I always
>enjoyed you=
>r postings and have missed your presence on the mailing list.

Aww, thank you!  :)

>When you las=
>t contributed I remember you mentioning that you were starting
>college, and=
>now you are 23 and have a degree in Literature!  Boy, does time

>fly by!!! =

Indeed it does!!

> By the way, did you get to use any of Barks' stories for
>literature term p=
>apers? :)

Funny you should mention that.  My "capstone" paper, a 25+ page
research paper meant to "cap" off my literature studies, was
about the ducks!  We were allowed to choose almost any topic we
wished to write about, and I of course chose my Duckburgian
friends.  :)  I went back and forth in my mind numerous times
while deciding what angle I wanted to investigate.  I wanted to
write about EVERYTHING, but unfortunately time was limisted.
Eventually I ran out of time for a more in-depth research
project, so I did a comparison of Daisy Duck and Glittering
Goldie as feminist figures.  (I got an A- grade on the paper, so
it must have turned out okay!)  I do plan to post the paper on
my website some time soon.  I'd be happy to announce it on the
list when it's available.  :)

Katie