Using Duck Stories on the Job

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu Jun 5 07:36:50 CEST 2003

<Has anyone else on the list used Duck or Mouse stories in their
educational or professional life?>

Yes, I guess this is true of me also.  I am currently using them as a means
to learn Chinese... not the ONLY means, but they are part of my educational
materials, and since I bring them to work, and it is advantageous for me to
learn Chinese for my work, they are also a tool for my job.  Everyone,
including my several bosses, knows I like Disney and have actively
participated in my recent translating for the DCML, I have thus made it an
active part of my workday.  One of my bosses even commented that using
Comics to learn Chinese was an Excellent way (he was telling this to a
Mexican who is here with me on temporary assignment).

That's my contribution to this discussion

-Rich Bellacera