Ducks and education/DD in Mathmagic

Gary Pantzer gpantzer at ny.tds.net
Tue Jun 10 23:40:45 CEST 2003

I'm a little late adding my 2 cents to a previous string about Disney
ducks and education because I had not read the DCML in some
time. *Many* years ago, we were assigned to write an essay on
any subject as long as it was related to history. About that same time
I bought a Disney comic book that had Scrooge explaining to HDL
a brief review of 'money' (in its many forms) around the world and
in history (although I now realize there was no mention of  Templar).
Using this and other 'mainstream' sources (all had to be listed), I did
the essay on money through the ages. I recieved an "A" and a note
from the teacher that nobody had ever listed a comic book as a
reference before.

I also remember that in junior high school, we were shown a Donald
Duck cartoon called "Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land". I wonder
how many here on the list ever saw it. I did a Google search and it
was released on VHS, but is only available from some educational
supply sites. It is also sold often on Ebay for $20 to $30.
Gary