Carey's Barks-quote and two new ones

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Jun 15 13:34:48 CEST 2003

CAREY FURLONG to me, 14-06-2003:

> "Yessir! Thrift saves money, and money makes more money!
> You just can't beat my system!"
> - - - - - - -
>
> Too difficult? Then take this quote with a grain of ...

> Took me a minute, but...
> US 7:  Billion Dollar Pigeon (Pigeonholed Millions), spoken by McDuck
> in panel 1.6.

Yes, that's the right answer. (Sigh!)

> Now, how about this one:
> "Oh, Boy! Oh, Boy! Look at'em dive!  They're playing tag like school
> kids!

I thought about the dolphins-story of WDC 218, but I was wrong. I expected
scenes in which the nephews complain about going back to school again, but
they were not in this story.
Then I thought about that other story, in which Donald tries to catch
big fishes, giving the nephews a hard time during the last days of their
school vacation.

And there I found the quote:
It's the story in which Donald catches a whale. (WDC 193, panel 4.7.)

Searching for this story, I wasn't aware there are *two* stories in which
Donald gives the nephews a hard time while catching fish for pay. (Though
whales may not count as fish, because they're mammals.) Funny how memory
tries to compress information. Or is it just deleting?

Anyway, here's are two new Barks-quotes, from two different stories:

"Here's a guy WALKING, fellas - and he asks how WE got here!"

"Well, if you're going"
"to ACT like a horse,"
"we'll TREAT you like a horse!"

Maybe this will keep you away for *two* minutes, Carey. :-)

--- Daniël (wondering if Carey is human, or a search-machine) :-)