Latest news about eggs

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Mon Jun 16 12:26:24 CEST 2003

OLAF SOLSTRAND, 16-06-2003:

> Still, [Donald] could of course be an egg-laying mammal (not many
> of those, though, and ducks are not among them).

Ducks are egg-laying birds. I would find it very strange to see a
duck act like a mammal, getting a baby without a shell around it.
That would be way too much fantasy for me. (Or a morbid, failed
genetic experiment.)

Everyone has their own interest, but I never would have believed that
this subject could be a matter of discussion. Not even as a fantasy.
If people rather want to see humans instead of ducks, then just read
comics with humans or dog-nosed humans or Mickey Mouse.

Just a thought: Maybe the "mammal-duck people" just don't accept that
the Ducks look like *funny animals*, no matter how the Ducks behave?
Maybe the "mammal duck" theory is an attempt to make the ducks look
acceptable for adults? Is this an attempt to say "hey, I'm not just
a collector of funny animals, I'm a collector of cool, heavy stuff"?
An attempt to be taken as a serious, intellectual person? If so, I'd
say it won't work that way. Rather the opposite.

--- Daniël

"SCRAMBLED EGGS, anyone? Hee, hee!"
(Which Barks-story?)