Replacement Art

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Tue Jun 17 02:49:16 CEST 2003

Hej Joakim, - I'm curious about the panels you think habve replacement art
in "Terror Of The River", and the Grandma Duck story.  I looked closely at
Terror Of The River", and see NO panel that seems to have Donald drawn by
someone else. Do you mean Panel 4 on page 26 (page 346 in Carl barks Library)?

Also, I'm curious to know about the replacement panel in Grandma Duck's farm
friends Four Color No. 1010, Page 5 Panel 6 of "Sheepish Cowboys" (CBL Set VI,
Book 2, Page 489). The panel is clearly drawn by someone else other than Barks,
with NO Background!!! The poor quality of the drawing, and having NO background
shows that it was done VERY quickly.  But, I really don't remember having seen
that drawing in the original comic book.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.  I
would have remembered such a difference from Barks' style. Could that have been
changed for The Carl Barks Library, only???

Rob Klein

Rob
Klein