Story "D/D2001-021" based on never-produced Barks-cartoon?

Gerd Syllwasschy gsy at megatel.de
Wed Jun 25 09:41:14 CEST 2003

Daniël/Timo:

>> Scrooge ten-pager "D/D 2001-021" by Daan Jippes(?) must be inspired
>> by a Barks plot synopsis for a never-produced 1950s Scrooge cartoon.
>> This is too similar to be a coincidende. But maybe I'm telling
>> something that's already mentioned in the story's credits?

> That's exactly the case, although I don't know if Barks is credited
> in every reprint of the story.

In this context it is interesting to note that Geoffrey Blum seems to
have written a comic-book story based on the same cartoon outline which
has been drawn by Massimo Fecchi. (Information taken from Gemstone's
"Scoop" newsletter, see
http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=2507&si=121 .)

Gerd