Barks trivia and quotes quiz

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sat Jun 28 17:08:59 CEST 2003

Spotted Barks stories with hypnotism:

0. wild colt story (WDC 59)
1. the littlest chicken thief (WDC 219)
2. the hypno gun (WDC 145)
3. The Swamp of No Return (US 57)
4. Back to Long Ago (US 16)
5. Cave of Ali Baba (US 37)
6. The Lost Peg-leg Mine (DD 52)
7. Adventure Down Under (OS 159)
8. going ape (WDC 91)
9. You Can't Guess! (CP 2)

The answers were sent by:
Arie Fachrisal (6); Arthur de Wolf (1); Frank Bubacz (2).
Oliver mentioned "You Can't Guess!", too, but Frank was earlier.

Still, there are at least two other stories. (One with Gyro, and
one with Scrooge.) Who knows them? And who knows more?

SANTIAGO to me, 27-06-2003:

>> - "All things come to him who sits and waits! That's my slogan!"

> I think this is much Gladstone's style. Could it be from
> "A financial fable" [WDC 126]?

Not that I know. You're right about Gladstone.

Here are three remaining undiscovered Barks quotes. As a hint, I've
added the names of the speaking characters:

"THIS is getting monotonous!"
(Donald Duck)

"SCRAMBLED EGGS, anyone? Hee, hee!"
(Beagle Boys)

"All things come to him who sits and waits! That's my slogan!"
(Gladstone)

OLIVER, 27-06-2003:

> My turn--
> 1/ "Donald, come ove rhere! I've got the world by its tail, and it's
> too BIG to handle alone!"
> 2/ "Uncle Scrooge, you rope us ducks ino some of  the GOSHAWFULEST
deals!"

I... I... I don't know. (AAAAARGH!)

> Have a nice week-end!

How humiliating... :-)