Scrooge *D.* McDuck

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 12:57:45 CET 2003

Hi!
About Scrooge's middle name, I've never told it was something Barks (who,
afaik, isn't the one and only Duck artist) decided, I've never told I
considered it as a fact, I just thought it was something which could be
discussed here. BTW, another question could be discussed here : facts...
Sigvald, why something Don Rosa wrote in sketches would be more factual than
something written in an OFFICIAL Disney copyrighted magazine??? You don't
need to answer, as each one is free to consider his Duck universe as he
wants, but I think that this fact, and, for instance, the fact that Ludwig
and Matilda are probably married in the duck family tree published in "the
little big book of Disney", are to consider as at least "half facts", which
mean that if no authors have ever told something which goes against this, so
it COULD be considered as true, or at least mentionned... IF Barks would have
revealed Scrooge's middle name, I wouldn't have took this in consideration
(but maybe I would have mentionned here), and anyway, the author of the
article would have been serious enough to take the middle name Barks gave.
About "D", yes, there are several "D" names :-)
Donald would indeed have been an interresting one, because in several
stories, ancestors and unce are named Donald and our Donald could be named
after them... The name Donald is even more present in French translations
(although it's getting stupid sometimes) : Grandma Duck=Grandmère Donald,
Duckburg=Donaldville,...
Another interresting "D" name would have been "Dagobert", of course :-)

Gilles