TPB Format VS Album Format

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 22:43:24 CET 2003

In a message dated 3/11/2003 2:48:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
deanmary at worldnet.att.net writes:

> .  Even though I have the entire
> Barks library by Gladstone in the album format, I would love to buy
> these stories again in a trade paperback format as this format appeals
> to me more than the album format.

Really?! Any particular reason?

Personally, I prefer the album format, as I like my comic book artwork to
appear as large as possible, with as many details shown as possible. (I also
like really large lettering!) This especially applies to Don Rosa's work,
which has many details that are difficult to point out in the "normal"-sized
books--and especially in the "take along" format!

I'd really like to see the albums reprinted. They appeal to me--at this
point--much more than a "trade paperback" format, even though that might be
the more current approach. (It seems like EVERYthing eventually becomes a
trade paperback collection these days!)

In the end, if Gemstone decides to produce any of these types of books at
all, I think they'll go for the more commonly-accepted trade paperback
format. But you never know...!
--
Thanks for reading this nonsense,

Dane Martin