The size of the cubic eggs from Plain Awful

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Mar 17 08:22:27 CET 2003

> As I know there are both well educated engineers
> and even at least one professor in mathematics
> reading this, we might see some qualified
> comments about this.

Well, your method sounds perfectly sound from an engineer's point of view
(though probably not a mathematician's!) and the result matches what I
remember of the size of the "square egg device" that has been distributed
with some comic books, where you squeeze a peeled, freshly boiled egg
inside a cube and let the egg take the cube's shape as it cools.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Why did the chicken cross the Moebius strip?"
-----