eggs and sizes

Theresa Wiegert theresaw at oso.chalmers.se
Mon Mar 17 13:13:02 CET 2003

Kriton wrote:
>>> I remember of the size of the "square egg device" that has been
distributed with some comic books, where you squeeze a peeled, freshly
boiled egg inside a cube and let the egg take the cube's shape as it
cools.

Ha! I tested that square egg device, but I don't think the square people
of plain awful would have agreed to call that egg a square. it turned into
more like a sphere with a small cube inside of it (with extremely rounded
corners)

But how is the size of the egg as compared to the sizes of the ducks? I
don't have access to the story here, but as far as I can remember, the
proportions were about the same as human to ordinary egg? or perhaps the
ratio square-egg/duck was somewhat smaller, but still.... What I'm
thinking of is how tall Donald really is. I'm not saying he's small as a
regularsized duck, but I don't think he's as tall as me for instance. I
would expect him to be... hmm.. about as tall as the floor lamp standing
next to me, that wo8uld be about 1.2 meters or so.

Oh well, back to work... :)

/Theresa