Thoughts on Van Horn's Tree

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 21:04:11 CET 2003

In a message dated 3/17/2003 1:21:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Goofy313g at aol.com writes:

> http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/trees/vanhorntree.html

While I prefer Rosa's Duck Family Tree overall, I think Van Horn's is simply
more appealing visually. He really has a talent for making the Ducks purely
_comical_, which gets stale after a while. Still, it works here.

I think part of the appeal of Barks and Rosa's work is that it is silly and
humorous, etc., but is still serious enough to be BELIEVABLE. The characters
just seem REAL. A lot of that is seemingly lost in Van Horn's work--which is
why I prefer his art to his writing.

I don't know how I got off on that, as it's barely related to anything, but
anyway, I like that tree. Or something!
--
Thanks for reading this nonsense,

Dane Martin