Sizes

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 00:37:39 CET 2003

In a message dated 3/17/2003 4:15:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Danehog at aol.com writes:

> Right, but I was thinking of the "pocket" format--not the "digest" one.
> Thanks anyway!

so what are the acutal sizes  of pocket vs digest ?

I dont think that this is standard publisher talk - is it?

Digest is called that because READERS DIGEST was the most common magazine
using the format,  Pocket books were  originally called that, because CAPTN
BILLYS WHIZ BANG was small enough to put in a (coat) pocket --- it is however
the same size as what we know call digest.
    the comic "POCKET COMICS" from the 1940s is bigger than an Archie Digest
  Archie Digests are smaller than the old style USA  Magna books, 6 x9,  but
are bigger than the Dark Horse  Lone Wolf and Astro Boy  4 1/2 x 7.

sr