William Van Horn

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Tue Mar 18 22:36:56 CET 2003

L. Schulte <lschulte at sfstoledo.org> wrote:

> First was not too appreciative of his stories
> or of the &quot;zany&quot; art style. But his
> later stories for Gladstone became better, and
> in fact the last one he did for Gladstone US
> #318 called "Secrets" with Scrooge's
> half-brother Rumpus was classic.

OK, this is it! This is definitive evidence that William Van Horn is *not*
as true a successor to Barks as Don Rosa. By introducing this so-called
half-brother of Scrooge in contradiction to Barks, Mr. Van Horn shows that
he doesn't really accept Barks' universe to the last letter.

Please notice that this is not any critics at all against Mr. Van Horn as a
great creator - I still think he is one of the absolute best. This is only a
friendly comment to those here who have from time to time stated that they
see Van Horn as a successor to Barks as much as Don Rosa.

Sigvald :-)