Parents of Huey, Dewey, Louie in 'Return to Xanadu'

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at let.rug.nl
Tue Mar 25 18:09:52 CET 2003

Hi y'all !

Two weeks ago, Harry Fluks mentioned something which has
apparently escaped everybody's attention, since nobody reacted to
it:

> Still, I heard something new there: Don [Rosa] included a hint to
> HDL's parents in the "Return to Xanadu" story!

I'm still very curious as to what this 'hint' might be. I've read this
story several times over and I can't remember such a thing. (I don't
have it right here with me in Groningen.)

Does anybody have a suggestion? Harry, have you questioned Don
Rosa afterwards about this? Don Rosa, could you reveal it to us,
please? Or maybe such an revelation would spoil everything, so
everyone should look and find it for himself?

The only clue I can think of is that both "Return to Xanadu" and
"The Crown of the Crusader Kings" have an ending that points
forward to a possible sequel in which $crooge might return to his
ancestral castle in Scotland.

Michiel Prior.