Indy - Ghost of the Grotto [DCML Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1315]

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:04:33 CET 2003

Arie Fachrisal:
>Last Crusade, i cant help feeling like i'm watching a movie of Ghost of the
>Grotto.
>their similar
>appearance strikes me the most

Yes! That indeed might be the case. At least influences taken could be
subconcious. Has anyone ever asked/interviewed Spielberg about the actual
influences and references concerning Barks? We all know that he used Barks
themes and motives (among many others) during making these Indiana movies,
but what specifically, and how much?

Rob Gibson:
>How
> > can a comic book compete with a movie?

Rarely the movie based on comic book is better, still the big audience tend
to prefer the movie and seldom even have read the original. :-/

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -
Timo Ronkainen ---------------- -