Grandma's aunt Klazien

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Mar 28 20:18:45 CET 2003

Bernard Slaa <slaab14 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> It's the right story and I've it in my
> possesion. Grandma's aunt was Klazien. She
> searched, when she was young, a job and finally
> came by the farm of the family Trouwhart
> (Goodheart). The son of the owners of
> that farm, Bertus falls in love with here.
> So the other two persons in the comic are
> *not Klazien's parents but of Bertus. Finally,
> at the end of the story they get married but
> Bertus was lost after he made with his friends
> a journey around the world. So, because of
> Grandma was the closest relative, she got
> the farm later.

IMO this looks like fiction.

Let's instead look at the present known facts:
Grandma Duck is a Coot. Her family came to Duckburg in 1818. She's born in
Duckburg. So however she ended up in her farm, she didn't have to travel far
to get there.

When i did my WEB-page about Grandma's husband Humperdink Duck
C:\Duckman\characters\humperd.html
I asked Don Rosa about this. He then said that it was Grandma Duck's family,
the Coots, who owned the farm before Humperdink and Grandma took over -as
the Coots owned most of the farmlands around Duckburg before Scrooge's
appearance in 1902.

Sigvald :-)