Yes, there were Mickey newspaper strips in 193 0s Germany...

Erik Rastetter erik-rastetter at web.de
Mon Mar 31 15:50:10 CEST 2003

David wrote:

> I'm afraid you're incorrect on this. The book _Im Reiche der Micky
> Maus_ (1991), by Mario Dreßler and J. P. Storm, is still available from some
> Internet booksellers. It explains in detail how a German newspaper published
> the Mickey strip under license for some while in the early 1930s, and even
> had their own cartoonist do a Mickey story of their own for a special
> holiday number.

Thanks David for explainig this. Do you know anything about the exact
year when those strips were published? Could it be, that these strips
you're refering to were published before the Nazis took power in Germany
in January1933? My remberance on this item may be foggy, but I always
thought after 1933 there were no MM strips in regular German newspapers.

Hope I can get a copy of the Dreßler/Storm book.

Erik