Mickey from Steamboat Willie meets comics' Mickey

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:35:01 CEST 2003

>Cesar meanwhile produced a great simulation of
>early Gottfredson style in his renderings of 1902 Mouseton.

Indeed a wonderful story with great art work!
Cesar Ferioli is undoubtedly the best of the modern Mickey artists (at least
he is my favorite!). His craphics has wonderful cinematic and animation-like
values. He is visually close to Gottfredson and Fred Moore, but manages to
get out something that's his own. It's also been refreshing to notice some
exceptional lay-outs in his pages (Shamballa -stories). I'd just like to see
much much longer adventure-mystery-thriller-detective Mickey Mouse -stories
by him (like some graphic albums/novels).

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -
Timo Ronkainen ---------------- -