Dangerous? toys enclosed with Disney magazines

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Thu May 1 03:43:08 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> So what about enclosing some more serious stuff instead? One idea could be
> for Egmont to hire Don Rosa to do a set of drawings for a new Donald Duck
> deck of playing cards – presenting different Duckburg-characters on every
> single card, just like in the famous "Iraqi 'Most-Wanted' Deck of Playing
> Cards". Such an enclosure would definitely not encourage any harassment
> among innocent kids.

Sounds like a fun idea. I can imagine what kind of collectors item this
would be. Finnish Aku Ankka actually enclosed a set of duck-playing
cards less than a year ago. Only court cards had pictures, though.

Playingcards could be said to encourage kids to illegal gambling, or
something... :-)

What else could be included? Personally I´m in the need of those magnets
that you can put to fridge's door, so Disney ones would be fun. Hmmm. I
can see myself keeping the low-budjet shopping-lists (aka
"end-of-the-month-shopping-lists") up there with a Scrooge-magnet. On a
pay day I could use Gus Goose to carry a letter-size list of all the
delicacies I want to eat (it might inspire me to get so lazy as to let
the wife do the shopping, as well).

--
- Kai Saarto
http://www.perunamaa.net/donrosa