Geographic inaccuracies found in DD&Co

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon May 5 21:44:28 CEST 2003

Hi all!

In the last panel on page 14 in Norwegian Doanld Duck & Co 13/1991 there is
a sign saying "Langtvekkistan, 99950 km". Using such a number in that
context seems ridiculous to me, because that distance is close to 2.5 times
the distance around the globe at equator. So unless Duckburg is located on a
giant plantet like Jupiter that distance is completely meaningless. I don't
know how that number did end up on that sign, but it shows either a lack of
basic geographic knowledge among those responsible for that story, or a lack
of respect for the readers intelligence.

Sigvald :-)