Geographic inaccuracies found in DD&Co

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon May 5 23:43:44 CEST 2003

Stefan Persson wrote:

> In the last panel on page 14 in Norwegian
> Donald Duck & Co 13/1991 there is a sign
> saying "Langtvekkistan, 99950 km". Using such
> a number in that context seems ridiculous to
> me, because that distance is close to 2.5 times
> the distance around the globe at equator. So
> unless Duckburg is located on a giant plantet
> like Jupiter that distance is completely
> meaningless. I don't know how that number did
> end up on that sign, but it shows either a
> lack of basic geographic knowledge among those
> responsible for that story, or a lack of
> respect for the readers intelligence.
>
>> What says that both Duckburg and
>> Långtbortistan are on the same planet? ;-)

1) In Norwegian there is both "Langtvekkistan" and "Langtbortistan" so I
won't say know if your "Långtbortistan" is the same as our "Langtvekkistan".
Another such name is "Bortvekkistan".

2) There is ca. 300.000 km to the moon - the Earths nearest object in space.
99950 thus seems to be much to little distance between two inhabitable
planets.

3) Donald and other Duckburgians NEVER goes to "Langtvekkistan" by a
space-rocket - how could they afford that?

Sigvald :-)