AW: RE: Gemstone/Gladstone [was: The return of Disney Ducks comics

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Wed May 7 03:18:10 CEST 2003

Cord Wiljes said:
> And since we already have a DELLa Duck I also propose:
> - Goldkey Glomgold: Flintheart's father
> - Whitman Goose: Gus' nephew: slim, intelligent and hard-working
> - Egmont McDuck: Scrooges twin, hatched from the same egg,
> separated at birth

I like this concept, and it would be a nice tribute to all the
years of Disney comics.  Of course we couldn't have a "twin" for
Scrooge since there's enough controversy over whether or not
Gideon is truly his brother (as a Scarpa-fan, I don't have much
problem with it, though).  So, maybe Egmont could be the financial
genious son of Matilda & Ludwig von Drake? :-)

As for "Gemstone Gander", while some might not agree, a Nephew (or
two) for Gladstone does indeed exist.  His name is Shamrock, and
he's appeared in several stories already.  He does indeed share
Gladstone's good luck, as do his sisters, who were not named in
the very first story.  Maybe "Gemstone" could be the name of one
of Shamrock's sisters?  Perhaps the other sister could be named
"MARVELa Gander"?

Speaking of relatives, I have a more serious question.
If Biquinho (Dugan Duck) is Fethry's nephew, who is Dugan's
father and mother?  The most obvious choice for father would
seem to be Abner "Whitewater" Duck (or else this so-named
"Gipfel Duck" who has been listed as another brother of
Fethry's).  However, Abner seems be be an avowed bachelor
and Gipfel looks too unstable to have found a wife.  Perhaps
Abner has one of those backwoods wives who are never seen,
maybe she's a native American who abandoned him and her son,
which is why Dugan appears so often with Fethry?  I don't
buy that Fethry has yet another sibling when his supposed
other two have never been explored to much length.

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com