AW: RE: Gemstone/Gladstone [was: The return of Disney Ducks comics in the US]

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Wed May 7 17:38:45 CEST 2003

Cord Wiljes <cord at wiljes.de> wrote:

> And since we already have a DELLa Duck I also
> propose:
>
> - Goldkey Glomgold: Flintheart's father

Yes, why not?

> - Whitman Goose: Gus' nephew: slim, intelligent
> and hard-working

Nope, Gus does not have any brother or sister, so no nephew is possible. A
"Whitman Goose" gould instead be a cousin or an uncle on his father Luke
Goose's side.

> - Egmont McDuck: Scrooges twin, hatched from
> the same egg, separated at birth

Please don't spoil your otherwise good ideas by this!

1) $crooge have two sisters (Matilda and Hortense) only!

2) I can't see any reason what so ever, why Fergus and Downy McDuck would
split a pair of twins at birth. Even though it would be possible to do
interesting stories based upon yoor idea.

3) AFAIK the paradigma of today is that $crooge and the other Ducks in
Duckburgs are ordinary people drawn like Ducks - and that they thus are born
like human beings, not hatched from eggs just like other birds.

Sigvald :-)