AW: RE: Gemstone/Gladstone

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Wed May 7 23:35:34 CEST 2003

Sigvald:
> Correct! But that was in an early fase.

Donald was 13 years old at the time. You call that early?

> 1) They did exist in Barks' Duck Family Tree

A personal note as that was, yes. They never occured in a story.

> Yes, but unlike Don Rosa he did that in contradiction
> to Barks.

a) Rumpus does not contradict anything Carl Barks ever did.
b) Don Rosa also made new relations outside what Barks did - e.g. he created
Clinton Coot, an action that linked Cornelius Coot to the Duck family. And
even though it's not published - this whole story about Huey, Dewey and
Louie's father being Daisy's brother. I guess that is a theory you support,
so let me ask you: You don't find THAT contradicting?

Best,
Olaf the Blue
www.andebyonline.com