"HD&L as dipshits" + "Whitman/Egmont [was: Re: AW: RE: Gemstone/Gladstone [was: Thereturn of Disney Ducks comics in the US]]"

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Thu May 8 01:31:38 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> > > I'm not sure about Ehapa, but would guess
> > > it is the same) the stories find place TODAY,

> > Which is clearly a contradiction to the Rosa
> > universe, but not a contradiction at all to
> > Barks or most other creators.

> WRONG! Barks stories - just like Rosa's stories - did take place around the
> 1950's, not in the 1990s or after 2000.

Barks' stories did take place in what was "today" when Barks wrote the
stories.  It is thus EXACTLY as in the Egmont and Egmont Ehapa cases.

> Nope! What is known is that he is Donald's uncle. And IMO the best theory so
> far is that he is that by being married to Donald's mother's sister.

According to Swedish translations, Ludwig Von Drake is the brother of
Donald's mother.

> > And also supposed to be the wife of his sister.
> Can you please clearify this last sentence?

According to Swedish translations, Ludwig Von Drake is the brother of Donald's mother.
According to Rosa's tree, Donald's mother is called Hortense McDuck.
According to Rosa's tree, this Hortense McDuck has a sister called Matilda McDuck.
According to Rosa's tree, none of the parents of Hortense McDuck and Matilda McDuck have been maried to anyone else.
Thus, Ludwig Von Drake is the brother of Hortense McDuck and Matilda McDuck.
According to Rosa, Ludwig Von Drake is married to Matilda McDuck.
Thus, Ludwig Von Drake is married to his own sister.

Stefan