AW: eggs and ducks

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Thu May 8 02:28:02 CEST 2003

Theresa wrote:
> I have to object!!! <SNIP> No matter how human, the ducks have
> feathers, beaks and orange beautiful flat swimmingfeet -
> an appearance to be proud of. So they must be hatched
> from hardshelled eggs.

And do they not also display certain traits of birds (as opposed to
mammals):

- They usually get several children at the same time.

- They care for their young ones just very briefly and as soon as those
can take care of themselves they are sent away. (If I remember correctly
Barks once said in an interview that he viewed Donald as a 16 (!) year
old.)

- Lifelong monogamy is very rare (all our "core" Ducks are single)

So I do not think they are mammals. Why should they? Which facts support
this assumption? If it looks like a duck and swims like a duck chances
are it is a duck.

Cord