Woodchucks & Chickadees

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu May 8 04:24:30 CEST 2003

From: Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
> > 3. Has Captain Ramrod appeared since Barks stopped drawing/
> > writing stories about the Chickadees?
> Who is Captain Ramrod?

It's my understanding that she is the equivalent to the JW's
Grand Mogul.  She is the Bigger female character depicted in
the back of the picture wearing green.  She was also part of
the special CARL BARKS collectors' card series released by
Gladstone.

> > 4. If the Grand Mogul is a Duck (not Bertie) who is the
> > dogface Mogul that Barks created?
> Yet another Grand Mogul.

Then who is more important?  Is one higher than the other?

> > 5. Are Lapo and General Snozzie the same character?  If not,
> > are they related somehow?  They both appear to be Bloodhounds.
> I would say that they are, but Inducks and that picture show
> them as different characters.

I put that picture together so it is only a work in progress. I
threw all the characters together in order to ask these questions
and have a reference to work with.  If Lapo & Snozzie are the
same character then we should probably make that more clear in
the INDUCKS.

> > 6.  Alvin, Chuck & Newton, like HDL, all predate the existence
> > of the comicbook GIOVANI MARMOTTE published in Italy. TRUE?
> Only Alvin and Newton, AFAIK.

I certain about Alvin and Newton, but I thought I had seen Chuck
in an early Goldkey JW issue also.  Maybe it was just a look-alike
and not actually Chuck.

> He appears twice.  BTW, his name is Blink, not Blinkie.

Oh, O.K.  Thanks.  I have never seen him.

-Rich