velikaya pyatnitsa [re happy Wendseday; rather OT]

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu May 8 13:34:16 CEST 2003

> I know it's May 5 in Holland, sometimes with a minute of silence etc.
> It's May 7 in some countries, May 8 in Norway (my house's flag is up),
> and "den' pobedy", Victory Day, is May 9 in Russia. I suppose
> end-of-war-day isn't properly marked in Germany as such.

And something like October 12, 1944 in Greece--we Actually celebrate on
Octorber 28, when Greece entered the war in 1940, by rejecting Italy's
ultimatum, and successfully repelled the Italian attack.

I would assume that the farther you are from Germany, the earlier the
war ended for you, as the retreating German army would have to pass
through still-occupied countries.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"I'm the nearest thing you can get to infullable."
"Infallible!"
"Exactly."
-----