Barks

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri May 9 03:31:27 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand <olaf at andebyonline.com> wrote:

> Example one: The family tree. In Carl Barks'
> family tree, Scrooge has only two sisters, yes.
> But is that because Scrooge had two sisters, or
> is it because Scrooge had two KNOWN sisters?

By the time Barks created that Family Tree for his own use, there were
actually NO known sisters of Scrooge, exept that one by pure logic could
conclude that there had to be at least one of them to be Donald's mother.
Barks then added one more, Matilda. He never added any new siblings to
Scrooge as long as he lived. So I thus see his Family Tree as HIS final view
on this matter, but that's off course only my personal opinion.

> Second: Eggs or mammals. When argumentation
> against your opinions shows up, and it turns
> out that was actually used by Barks, you call
> that jokes? Yes, in "That's No Fable"
> - a Frank pointed out - it is a reference
> to Donald's pre-childhood as "an egg". You
> immediately say that this was a
> joke. Why?

If I recall correctly that was what Don Rosa once told us here on DCML.
However I will be the very first to apologize if I do remember wrong about
this.

> Unca' Barks gave us our best childhood
> memories. Don't pay back by abusing his
> name.

And that have never been my intention either. I am very sorry if anyone here
have got that impression.

Sigvald :-)