Captain Haddock

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at thrir.ifi.uio.no
Thu May 15 12:47:19 CEST 2003

 Michiel:

| Captain Herbert Haddock was captain of the SS Olympic,
| sistership to the SS Titanic, and receiving her
| S.O.S.-calls on that fatal night in 1912. Haddock was also
| the first to telegraph the news of the disastrofe to the
| White Star Line.

Yup. Did a little research; Herbert Haddock took over OLYMPIC after
her master, Smith, became captain of TITANIC.  And the same Haddock
was captain of TITANIC when Harland & Wolf performed the sea trials,
before she was delivered to WSL.

BTW, in this on-going discussion about beaks and webs and wings and
whatever not belonging to ducks but to humans, I'm surprised that
noone has mentioned the one mammal having beak and laying eggs. Not
that it matters, but in a discussion being so ridiculous anyway...

Jørgen - who doesn't have a beak, and very seldom says quack, but
         still is a human. Or so I think, anyway... QUACK!