Comments to ROB

Søren Krarup Olesen sko at acoustics.dk
Wed May 14 16:29:19 CEST 2003

SIGVALD:

> [...] So I hope that you was just kidding
> here - and not seriously attacking Don Rosa's name and reputation?

And weren't you attacking the "name and reputation" of Luciano Gatto,
when you called the story "one of the large mass" and didn't place him
amongst the "major famous" crew of artists? No, please don't answer,
it's perfectly okay. I didn't feel insulted or anything, but why *must*
you place your knowledge and your observations into little boxes with
golden labels and tell us why your opinions are better, more profound
and more canon-like than others. That's what little me cannot
comprehend.

Perhaps the answer is given already. Some 5 years ago, I felt more or
less the same way. In my case I grew up with the love of Italian
stories plus Barks. I found Don Rosa's art "obscure", and still haven't
read all the stories in LO$, because they bored me (and still do). His
later stories, however, made me laugh a lot and I discovered lot's of
humour in his telling etc. Yet, let's not forget that I have spent 100s
of hours enjoying Luciano Gatto's art over the years, and that, with
all respect to the "name and reputation" of Don, counts just a little
bit more. See?

Please, Sigvald, be a little less defensive, that would help me at
least, so I don't have to read about so-called "facts" and "proofs".

BTW, hoping to be meeting you this summer, then we can "attack" each
other over a cup of beer, a pizza (AC and Thomas in a nutshell, hehe!)
or perhaps (for a change) a more sophisticated dinner :-)

Best,
Søren