DCML Digest, Vol 3, Issue 28

Dan Rosenberg dortmunder at mad.scientist.com
Fri May 16 21:12:36 CEST 2003

> Does anyone know what is that big ugly white square on the cover of
> "Maharajah Donald"? If it were smaller, and the comic book had been
sold
> at news stands, it could have been the space reserved for the UPC
symbol,
> but, as it is, I am completely baffled.

I have a theory. When I got the copy from my local comic shop, they had
pasted a sticker containing their store info (name, address, phone number)
in the big ugly white square. I think they put it on the cover so comic shops
could use it to advertise. I agree it's ugly, but it's also free, so I don't
particularly mind.-Dan

"God is dead."—Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is dead."—God