Scandinavian creators

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Sun May 18 20:45:36 CEST 2003

Sigvald: Yes, there are many, many more Scandinavian creators. (I think the
number might top 100-but not sure).  Perhaps David G. can tell us.  I doubt
that he has time from his busy schedule to research that question.  But, when I
worked in Gimle Studio in the late 1980s and early 1990s, there were at least 5-
6 artists writing and storyboarding stories for Gutenberghus(Egmont). I also
met 8-10 more Danes who were casually sending in a few scripts. I also knew
several Swedes in The Malmo(e) office (and one or two in Copenhagen) in
addition to the Prinz-Pahlssons and Peter Hartfeldt, who were writing stories.
I also remember seeing many, many more scandinavian names as writer on the
comic's stories after the names were printed in the books.  Just look at your
Anders And, Kalle Anka or Norsk "Donald Duck".

Also, as you are interested in who the Norwegian creators are, you should know
that Gorm Transgaard is half Norwegian and half Danish. He has not only written
stories while in Denmark and Norway, and many stories while living in Costa
Rica, but also many while living in Nepal, and a few while traveling in India,
and several other "exotic" countries.

Rob Klein