Swedes and character names in strange languages

Christina Hellström chellstr at iki.fi
Wed May 21 17:01:35 CEST 2003

Well, I¨'m Finnish, although Swedish is my motherthoungue, but I'm not
sure if you were including me into the 'Swedes' you mentioned. I have to
say I have a hard time deciphering your message, and I'm not sure if I
got your point. I just wanted to comment on:

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

>So, as you can see the list did not include Swedish, Finnish, Dutch,
>Spanish, Portuguse or Icelandic names. I still think that list STINKS.
>Obviously Norwegian readers would have been much more interested in the
>Swedish and Finnish names instead of some Japanese and Arabic rubble they
>can't possibly understand (pardon my language) a shit out of. And please
>remember that this was way before the age of internet, I.N.D.U.C.K.S., COA
>and "Who's who in Duckburg".

RUBBLE?!?  I'm sorry, but no, I don't pardon your language (the 'sh*t'
part was the least offencive). And actually, when I was a kid I would
have been much more interested in getting the character's names in
Japanese, Arabic or what have you 'rubble' language than in the Nordic
languages, as even then I had the names for at least some of the main
characters in all Nordic languages (I'm pretty sure they were mentioned
several times in Aku Ankka, but I might be wrong).

--
//Christina - who thinks 'rubble' languages are facinating, especially
the ancient ones... oh, and Klingon!